Temporary Visa Service

The process for a person entering the U.S. for the first time commonly takes place on a non-immigrant visa for a temporary stay with a specific purpose. There are several types of non-immigrant visas for temporary visitors to travel to the United States. Temporary visitors to the U.S. must abide by the U.S. visa immigration law and specific procedures. The purpose of your specified travel and other facts will ascertain what type of visa is required under U.S. immigration law. Short term entries to the US are mostly on visitor visas (B-1) for business or tourism. The activities of a temporary visa holder are forbidden by his or her visa status or class of admission. The maximum duration of stay is also defined by the visa holder’s class of admission. It’s important to have information about the type of nonimmigrant visa you will require for travel, and the steps needed to apply for the visa at U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. Although Bay Area Immigration Services is not an immigration attorney, our team is well-experienced for filing visa applications.

The nonimmigrant visa classification covers a broad range of visas used to enter the U.S. for work (H-1B, H1-B1, etc), pleasure, or study. Some visas are considered ‘dual intent’; you may attempt to obtain permanent residency (a green card) while under that classification. Most nonimmigrant visas, however, require you to establish the demonstration of nonimmigrant intent. This means you should demonstrate that you have a permanent residence in your home country that you have no intention of abandoning. The duration of time you may spend in the U.S. can range from a few days to several years, depending on the visa. In most situations, your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may accompany you on a derivative visa. For more detailed information specific to each visa category, including how-to-apply information and more, select a link from the Visa types given below



Subscribe to the mailing list and get the fresh content!